Mississippi for a Green New Deal seeking to hire MS4GND Regional Organizers
MS4GND is seeking applicants for four Regional Organizer positions to help support the strategic vision and implementation of the priorities of the MS4GND alliance throughout the state. Candidates who are committed to climate justice, frontline leadership, and building a movement for a more just and sustainable economy are encouraged to apply. The MS4GND Regional Organizers will help move the priorities forward into implementation while supporting the long-term vision of a self-sustained movement infrastructure that is governed by and accountable to community leadership. The role of Regional Organizer is not a decision-making leadership role for MS4GND, but rather a facilitative leadership role supportive of community-led solutions, collective decisions and power-building.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate information, communication, relationships, and processes to advance Gulf South for a Green New Deal Initiative in Mississippi.
- Build and manage frontline relationships.
- Set agendas and facilitate meetings and strategy sessions.
- Build community capacity and train community leaders in facilitation processes to support self-governance.
- Support the development and implementation of political education curricula.
- Support communications and narrative strategies.
- Help co-create the infrastructure for a self-sustained and self-determined Mississippi for a Green New Deal movement.
- Mediate and work to resolve conflicts at the community level.
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, writing sample, social media handles, and three relevant professional references to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “MS4GND Regional Organizer.”
Deadline: Applications for this position will be accepted through Aug. 15, 2022 unless otherwise posted.