The Mississippi Center for Cultural Production (Sipp Culture) exists to support groups and individuals working to achieve social, economic, and cultural transformation toward long-term sustainability. We achieve this through the creation and presentation of arts, culture, and through using food (agriculture) and story to leverage community transformation and shift the material condition of Southern rural people.
Sipp Culture is looking to bring on a new team member to take on the role of Program Coordinator. The Program Coordinator is to support the Co-Directors in the management and administration of Sipp Culture’s artistic and cultural programming, including the Rural Performance Production Lab, DigiCulture Lab, Rural Creatives, and a portfolio of community centered projects. The Program Coordinator is supervised by the Co-Director and will work closely with the Sipp Culture Staff to execute the job responsibilities overview outlined below.
- Support the planning and coordination of Sipp Culture cultural programming.
- Manage organizational regranting programs.
- Aid in creating program forms and tools, checklists, supply lists and event production.
- Conduct and maintain inventory of on-site needs and supplies in preparation for all residencies and events.
- Contribute to an environment where professional and personal ethos meet, and/or exceed organization’s standards.
- Manage the Rural Performance Production Lab, Sipp Culture’s flagship artist residency and project support program.
- Cultivate strong relationships and maintain on-going communications with resident artists.
- Support artist site-visits and residencies (ie. assembling welcome packets, distributing clearance, liability and authorization forms and liasoning communicating needs, interests & concerns of visiting guests and artists.)
- Manage program application process.
- Monitor relevant budgets and track program related expenditures/transactions.
- Provide general administrative support including filing, and managing emails.
- Update organizational calendar, google drive, dropbox, and Asana- project management tools.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, prepare agendas, documents and note taking as needed.
- Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations, etc.).
- Book program related travel as needed for staff and presenters.
- Assist Co-director with organizing & implementation of Sipp Culture Events.
- Aiding in the planning, preparation, setup/breakdown and close-out of events
- Attend weekly staff meetings and serve as the liaison for the Programs team.
- Share communications internally and externally as directed by management
- Participate in organization-wide activities, special programs and community events, including some after normal operating hours and on limited weekends.
- Support overall growth and program development.
- Exemplify the community centered and transformational culture of the organization.
Qualified candidates will need to:
- Be able to manage different tasks simultaneously and prioritize projects efficiently.
- Be detailed and deadline-oriented with the ability to be flexible, well-organized, self-sufficient and exercise initiative.
- Possess strong people and communication skills internally and externally and demonstrate an ability to engage with the local community, regional and national network.
- Demonstrate strong writing, interpersonal & external oral communication skills.
- Proven experience as program coordinator or relevant position.
- Possess management experience, demonstrate an ability to lead and appropriately delegate team responsibilities.
- Knowledge of program management and development procedures.
- Knowledge of budgeting and reporting.
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office, Google Suite, and Zoom.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to work with diversity across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Be committed to a lifetime of learning.
Salary and Benefits
This position will start as soon as we identify the right candidate to fill the position. This is a salaried position that starts at $50k annually and includes health insurance and paid time off. This position is located in Utica, Mississippi and is expected to work on site.
If you are interested in this position, please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Program Coordinator Applicant in subject line
- Cover letter
- Three (3) professional references, required. Personal references may only be provided in addition to professional references.
Sipp Culture is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. Come join us.